Sunday, September 29, 2013

I am so freaking sore


So this weekend was pretty gloomy, but I did lots of stuff to make up for the less than stellar weather (and thankfully it wasn't SUPER HOT, which I'm very grateful for. I'd love some actual fall weather tho. It's still like 75 degrees every day!)

So for most EPIK teachers, after you get your first paycheck, it's customary to bring some food in to your office as a thank you/relationship building kind of a thing. I stopped at Dunkin' Donuts for some munchins for the subject teachers' office, and I think they really liked them! They were all gone by lunch time, so I suppose that's a good sign.


this says "Christina Teacher bought
donuts- enjoy (literally eat well)!"
 I also bought small boxes of truffles for my co teachers, as they have all been extra helpful and welcoming, and cause they have to deal with me on a daily basis haha. So I was heading home on the bus and I got this text from one of my co teachers, with whom I also discuss lots of korean dramas haha

So sweet!
 After school, a few friends and I met up and headed to Myeongdong again, this time to actually shop since we finally got paid. Here are a few pics of my Friday night!

seriously pondering how many Lee
Min Ho posters it's appropriate to have.
I already have 3 small ones. This was a 12 pack
Don't judge me, he's one of my favorite Korean actors


Call for help buttons in the bathroom

found some standups of So Ji Sub, another
one of my favorite Korean actors

Side note, when a bunch of the teachers and I were walking around Hongdae, we saw this display in the Hongdae location and my 6th grade coteacher started whacking me on the arm and squealing "So Ji Sub!!!" cause we both like him in The Master's Sun. It's nice to see that the Koreans are hardcore fangirls too. Ahem. Back to Friday

Just read the label. LOL. 

And then So Ji Sub appeared again. It's
like Korea wants to constantly remind me
I have to wait for the next episode to air.

Found this in Forever 21. Flashbacks to
5th grade, anyone?

You can see Namsan tower at night

So after dinner and a late night life debrief at a coffee shop, we headed home with our purchases in tow (I can already tell I'm going to need an extra suitcase... or two... to bring my new wardrobe home. SORRY NOT SORRY).

So after a fun shopping trip, I got up god awfully early on Saturday morning. Why, you ask? Because I had to take the subway for an hour to get to our destination- Dobongsan station. San means mountain. yup. I climbed a freaking mountain.


Not sure what it says but it was pretty

Korean climbers are INTENSE

This was SUPER DIFFICULT because there are
lots of parts where it's not an even path

so. many. stairs.

lots of scaling rocks

yeah. We had to climb up that. 

Almost to the top!


to get to the top you kind of
hang on to the railings for dear life
and do your best. aka TERRIFYING

the views were worth the trip!




One of the hardest and most rewarding things I've
ever done! 

Seoul from the top of Dobong mountain

clouds!

We figured out that climbing down backwards
worked better!

GOLDEN BUDDHA

climbing the mountain was definitely one of the most difficult things that I have done, but also one of the most rewarding. I definitely felt the burn this morning tho. My entire body is pretty sore, since we walked a total of 8 miles and a lot of that involved scaling rocks and some pretty unstable ground. But it was a lot of fun. I may or may not go hiking again, but if I do, I'm definitely going to get those walking sticks all the Koreans had!!

3 day week this week!!YAY



No comments:

Post a Comment